- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 14 ounce sweetened condensed milk, not evaporated milk
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place caramelized sugar in a heavy skillet, cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until sugar is melted and has a caramel color.
- Pour sugar into ungreased 1 1/2 -quart 9-inch round baking pan, coat bottom completely.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs; stir in water, vanilla, sweetened condensed milk and salt.
- Pour over caramelized sugar; set pan in larger pan . Fill larger pan with 1-inch hot water.
- Bake flan at 350 degree for 55 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool. Chill.
- Loosen side of flan with knife; invert onto serving plate with rim.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
|Creamy Mexican Flan|
Image by chazzvid