|Crockpot Cornbread Dressing|
Crockpot Cornbread Dressing is a great recipe to use over the Thanksgiving holidays when the oven is busy with the turkey and other favorite dishes you bake in the oven. Instead, you can use your Crockpot or slow cooker for your dressing. Thanks for cookin' with Grannie!
Now dig in the cupboard and find your 6-quart Crockpot or slow cooker.
- 6 cups cornbread, crumbled
- 8 slices bread, day old (leave out overnight uncovered in a pan), crumbled
- 4 eggs 1 large onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 tablespoon sage or poultry seasoning
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2- 10 ½ ounce can cream chicken soup
- 2- 10 ½ ounce can chicken broth
- ¼ cup butter Salt to taste
Now we are ready to get it mixed.
- In a large bowl, add the cornbread and regular bread, eggs, onion, celery, sage or poultry seasoning, black pepper, soup, chicken broth and salt; mix well.
- Spray your Crockpot or slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Pour dressing into crock pot; dot with butter. Cover and cook on low heat for 4 hours or high heat for 2 hours.