I first ate these Apple Dumplings at a friend's house and they are so good and so easy! I ate mine with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, but would also be good without it. Hope you will try this delicious recipe. If you can not have the sugar use Splenda and a diet Seven-Up or Sprite in place of Mountain Dew. The butter, well you just cannot do without it! I am sure peaches or any other fruit would be yummy too! Enjoy!
- 2 cans crescent rolls
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cinnamon, to sprinkle
- 1 can Mountain Dew
- Cut peeled and cored apples into 8 slices each.
- Place each slice of apple on a crescent roll and roll up.
- Put each dumpling in a buttered 9-inch x 13-inch baking pan.
- Next, melt the butter; add sugar, barely mix.
- Add the vanilla extract and stir.
- Pour sugar-butter mixture over top of the apple dumplings.
- Pour Mountain Dew around the edges of the dumplings, not on top of them.
- On top of dumplings sprinkle the cinnamon.
- Bake in 350-degrees oven for 40 minutes.
Now, how easy was that for Apple Dumplings!
Makes 16 dumplings.