Wednesday, February 11, 2015

My Valentine's Day Dinner! Take A Peek And See!


 
Image Credit


Since my hubby is taking me out to eat on Valentine's Day I decided to fix him an early meal.

The menu was Grilled Rib Eye Steak, Stir-Fry Garlic Asparagus, Red Mashed Potatoes, Garden Salad and Hot Rolls.

How does that sound for a meal for someone you love.

I love fresh asparagus and it was on sale, so I grabbed a bundle. I just heated about 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet; added asparagus and stir fried about 4 minutes, then I added 1 clove of minced garlic and stir-fried a couple more minutes. We like ours crisp, cook longer if you like it more done.

The rib eye I grilled in my George Foreman Grill for 6 minutes, our perfect time for our steaks, medium rare.

The Red Mashed Potatoes, I peeled my potatoes, but if you like you can leave the skins on. Boil until tender; drain. Beat potatoes with an electric mixer. Add butter (we like a lot), salt, black pepper and milk to reach the consistency you like.

Here is a recipe for hot rolls http://grannierecipebox.blogspot.com/2015/02/easy-yeast-dinner-rolls-recipe.html

We had a Coconut Cream Pie for dessert!

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Savory And Sweet Hot Roll Recipes

Hot or sweet rolls you will love this collection of rolls! Savory oatmeal, yeast or sweet cinnamon or pumpkin rolls! Click For Recipe  ...