These delightful little pies are made from Grand's biscuits. This is a recipe for a savory filling, but you can use a sweet one also. Great for appetizers, snacks or anytime. Enjoy.
- 1 pound ground beef or chicken
- 1 can fiesta corn, drained
- 2 cans Grand's biscuits
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- ½ small onion, finely chopped
- Brown meat and onion in a medium saucepan.
- Add corn, tomatoes and taco seasoning.
- Let simmer for 15 minutes on low to medium heat.
- Take individual biscuits and roll them out into larger circles.
- Take meat mixture and fill the dough.
- Place the shredded cheese on top of the meat.
- Make sure you leave enough room and fold the circle of dough in half.
- Take a fork and press the edges together to form a tight seal.
- Follow the baking instructions on the can of biscuits.
- Each individual biscuits make one empanada.